Basicly Rubengera Technical Secondary School is a secondary school in technical training for carpentry and wood technology based in Rubengera/Karongi District. The school is managed by the Community of Sisters “Abaja ba Kristo,” a Protestant Sisterhood. According to our vision and mission we prepare young women and men to be an active part of community-life by contributing excellent technical skills as well as life skills to our country.
RTSS – Vision – Mission – Hope
Our Vision: is to train young people to believe in a future for their lives and families, supporting through their competence their community and country. We provide lifelong-learning opportunities in order to strengthen a sustainable and technology-based business, based on a firm foundation of Christian values.
Our Mission: is to provide solid technical teaching in a modern training environment, the training of informal skills as well as teamwork and leadership skills, to endow certificates in line with the Rwandan official training system and to offer lifelong-learning and training for local citizens.
Our Hope: is that our students will share this vision and mission and join us in our motto from Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me!
The Community of “Abaja ba Kristo”:
- … is a Community of Protestant Sisters. It was founded in 1984 and has its headquarter in Rubengera sector, Gisanze cell and Karongi District. Its main goal is to gain souls for Jesus Christ through different activities…
- …through supporting orphans (Village “Ineza”).
- …through training people in the area in agriculture and breeding.
- …through offering safe accommodation in the “Bethel” Guesthouse.
- …through the work of Rubengera TSS.
We are offering:
- 3 Years dual integrated training in carpentry and wood technology at RTSS
- high quality wood products at RTSS-production unit
- different training courses at RTSS-Academy
Carpentry and Woodtechnology:
A carpenter is a skilled crafts person who works with timber to construct, install and maintain build- ings, furniture and other objects. The work, known as carpentry, may involve manual labor and work. Carpentry skills are gained through experience and study.